Feb 11, 2011

Save the Drama (too much stress)—Scripture: Psalm 23:2-3

We Christians like everyone else can get caught in the rat race called life. We get overworked underpaid and we even get fired and laid-off. We have families, social commitments, and on and on: The lifestyle that we live can bring on stress, drama, and heartache. We must guard our lives against unnecessary drama by committing our time and talents to the Lord. This does not mean we quit the job, leave the marriage, or stop raising the children, but it does mean that we keep things in their proper perspective. The psalmist was right when he says, “he MAKES me lay down”. God knows our frame and he realizes that too much stress will cause us to make foolish choices. Beloved, the word of counsel that I have for you today is to stop and rest in the power and providence of the Lord: Basically lie down, relax, and trust that as you give it to Jesus He will take care of it. 

Consider:
Lord you are my shepherd and you guide me everywhere I need to go.

Pray:
Lord teach me to take it one day at a time.

Determined to live by faith,
Dr. Stan