Feb 21, 2011

Good for Me—Psalm 119:71


When I look back over my life I can see now that the Lord was using the very things that I thought were unfair, difficult, hurtful, and even embarrassing to bless me. While I do not wish to repeat those days, I have grown enough now to realize that the Lord uses my valley experiences to teach me lessons I could not have learned while I was on the mountain. 

So as strange as it might sound, I can now say that some of the hardest days in my life were good for me! Think about and it might throw you for a second, the death of a loved one, good; the loss of a job you loved, good; the ending of a marriage, good; public failure, good; sickness in your body, good! How can something painful be good?  Well David ended this verse with these words, “because they taught me your statutes or ways”. The reason they are good, because they drew me closer to the Lord. They gave me wisdom that I never could have gained. They made me stronger, wiser and better.  Finally, they are even now shaping me and you into the glorious vessels the Lord had in mind all along!  Good for me, say it a couple of times. (smile)

Pray: 
Lord I truly wish you could teach me valuable lessons in another way, but not my will but your will be done in my life. Help me to say in the midst of it all, good for me!

Determined to live by faith,
Dr. Stan

No comments:

Post a Comment