Feb 11, 2011

The Lord Is My Light—Scripture: Psalm 27

I don’t know about you but I have had some dark days in my life. There have been times when I felt like giving up, has that ever happened to you? It seemed during those times that nothing went right. The money never added up, the family was fighting, and the job brought no joy. I felt depressed and trapped, but I am glad I had these experiences. You see beloved, I found out during these dark seasons that the Lord is a very present help in the time of trouble. I discovered that he will hide me under his wings. The most important lesson revealed to me is that the Lord in my light. When dark days came the Lord brightened my life and eased my mind. The truth is the physical concerns may worsen, but my spiritual man will become stronger.  David was right, when you have the Lord on your side who should you fear?

During this season in your life when it appears that all hell breaks loose remember that the Lord is walking with you and He promises to be a light, even the Light of the World.

Pray:
Lord I thank you for being the light in my life when all around me is dark. Lord help me to trust you and believe that I have nothing to fear as long as you are with me.

Determined to live by faith,
Dr. Stan