Mar 9, 2011

I Need Mercy—Scripture: Isaiah 55


When we do a self-inventory we find ourselves lacking in many areas. Some of us realize we are overweight; others go back to school realizing they need more education. The physical inventory leads us to engage in activities that will improve our lot in life. When was the last time you did a spiritual inventory? I am suggesting that during this time of Lent you take the time and do a spiritual check-up. When you do this you will find yourself lacking in many areas, prayer life, giving, righteous living, etc. Beloved, the one constant that I find is this; I need the Lord’s mercy. In the face of my sin and disobedience, I need it more and more. The truth is, I need mercy because there are times when I don’t want to get caught up in sin, it just finds me. 

Yes, my friend Isaiah is right, if you forsake your wicked ways the Lord will have compassion. I don’t understand the ways of God, but I am grateful that his mercy is from everlasting to everlasting!

Pray:
Lord sometimes I forget to ask for mercy and other times I am not appreciative of your mercy; but Lord I know this, without your everlasting mercy I could not make it one day. Thank you Lord for all you have done.

Determined to live by faith,
Dr. Stan

No comments:

Post a Comment