Mar 12, 2011

God Has Made Provisions—Scripture: Romans 8:35-39


We face a lot of trials and tests in this life. The truth is that even believers in Christ go through storms and controversy as we try to live out our lives as Christians. Sometimes in the face of such stark realities we shrink back and try to hide. At other times we wonder to ourselves, “Does God know what is going on?”  I have lived in seasons where it is one thing after another, a death, bills, relationships, etc. There were times when I truly could not feel the presence of God in my life and I wondered whether God was there. I wondered if God had thought about my life and made provisions for all these things.

In the book of Romans, Paul answers the questions that we all have from time to time during our sojourn. Paul says emphatically that God has thought about your life and has made provisions for everything that happens to us. Here is how God makes provisions; he says that nothing in this life can separate us from his love. No trouble, pain, finance, relationship, or anything else in this life can separate us from his love. Paul goes even further and says death or any unseen thing cannot separate us from the love of Christ. The good news is that while we were in our mother’s womb the Lord was making plans and provisions for us! 

On this day with all of the hassle and hell I may have to face I rejoice that no temptation that I face can overcome the provision that the Lord has made for me! 

Consider: The Lord said nothing, absolutely nothing can separate me from him; Thank you Lord for taking care of me.

Pray:
Lord thank you for loving me through every difficulty in my life. Lord teach me to trust you even when I can’t feel your presence and have me to know that you have made provisions for every situation in my life.

Determined to live by faith,
Dr. Stan

No comments:

Post a Comment