May 17, 2011

What He Comes To Do!


10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. (KJV)  JOHN 10:10

The last time we shared I tried to explain the difference between Zoe and Bios life.  Zoe is life in the Spirit and it pertains to things in the Spirit. Bio on the other hand is just that, your biological life and all the things associated with physical life. 

It is my contention that if we have Zoe life, all other things fall into place. It is a matter of priority: When we seek those things that are above, He then gives us the desires of our heart. So then beloved:

Jesus says, I have come, I did not send a substitute but I came myself to give you something, something no one else could give you. Jesus gives us Zoe, life in the Spirit, a fulfilled life, a satisfying life, a life not absent from drama but peace in the midst of it.

That is why he came, but what did he come to do? He says in this Word from John’s Gospel, I come that you might have life AND (key) have it more abundantly. 

Taking a look into the words "more abundantly" we find that the words in the Greek are Perissos; meaning exceedingly abundant, more abundant, beyond measure, superfluous. Jesus said I want your life in the Spirit to pour out into every other aspect of your life. I want your Zoe to outshine your Bios. He comes to fill up the empty spaces in our lives with abundant Zoe!

I don’t know where you are today or what you may face but the Good News is this:
  1. He comes.
  2. He brings life.
  3. He comes to give it to us abundantly or to the fullest!
Pray: 
Lord thank you that you have given us a reservoir of life that will never run dry!

Determined to Live by Faith,
Dr. Stan

No comments:

Post a Comment