May 17, 2011

Occupy Until I Come/ What To Do In The Meantime!: Scripture: Luke 19:11-27

Peace and Blessings beloved I greet you this day with the Joy of Jesus. I needed to pen this note of encouragement and instruction so that you will not grow weary in well doing.  Maybe on this day and in this season of your life and you are wondering when will the Lord do for you what he has promised? There are things that the Lord speaks into our spirits; things about our families, health, finances, relationships and even your future.  Yes, the Lord spoke it and you believe it, but the challenge is this, when will these things come into fruition? When will the Lord show up and make my enemies behave?  When will the Lord fix my fractured family? Why are ungodly people moving ahead of me? I know you can cure the disease but when Lord, when are you going to show yourself strong in my life? Lord what should I do until you come?

The question is answered in our text today; Jesus says in a parable to occupy until I come back. I will share the interpretation of the parable in another note but today the word is occupy! Notice in the parable Jesus gives the servants resources and instructions so that they will remain active. While you are waiting remember that Jesus has given you talents, gifts, abilities skills so that you can keep yourself active. One of the most destructive forces in the terrestrial realm is inactivity. Inactivity is brought on by frustration, frustration comes from waiting. Remember what Paul said to the Galatian Church, “Do not grow weary in well doing for you shall reap if you do not give up.” Gal. 6:9. Jesus says to us through the portals of time, “Do not let your hearts be troubled, if you believe in God believe also in me.” John 14:1

While you are waiting believe that God has given you the “stuff” to hold on and hold out.  Final words, while you are waiting, don’t let yourself go. Hold on to your mind; “Let this mind be in you that was also in Christ Jesus” Philippians 2:5. “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3. Hold on to your body. Don’t eat to try and satisfy a longing that Christ promises to fulfill. “But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. 1st Cor. 9:27. Finally, don’t let go of your hope! The song writer said my hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness!  The Lord will do exactly what he promised in his own time, all he asks of us is to occupy until he comes back. 

Determined to live by faith,
Dr. Stan

No comments:

Post a Comment